The oldest temple of Nepal has been stated around 1700 years of history, named "Changu Narayan". Approximately 22 km away from Kathmandu valley, Changu Narayan temple is perched on a high hilltop of a small village, known as Changu Village. Besides the hill, flowing Manahara River gives a pleasing view.According to the past, it was built on 4th century during Lichhavi Dynasty and remodelled in 1702 after major fire occurred.
The temple was built neither is shikara style nor in pagoda but consists of double-roofed, dedicated to Lord Vishnu in his incarnation as Narayan and held in special admiration by the Hindu people.
For the Nepali architecture, it remains as a major landmark with regally embossed works. The main statue in the sanctum is devoted by Hindus as a Garuda Narayan. Only priest is permitted to see the statue. The statue of Lord Vishnu seated on a Garuda is located to the north of the temple which has been sculptured back to the 9th century. On the way to the temple, a private museum is located, "ChanguMuseum", which has a collection of an ancient tools, coins, architecture, arts.